Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Challenge day...

Its Challenge day over on the Tando Creative Challenge blog and this week its my turn to share who is my:-

FAVOURITE ARTIST

now, how can I choose one artist that inspires me to create? I enjoy loads of different styles and artists and I gain inspiration from all over blogland.  My style has been greatly influenced by Tim Holtz, Wendy Veechi and Dyan Reavely so I've created a tag using my take on these three artist's styles...



I coloured the tag using distress inks....now at this point I need to share....initially I coloured a Ranger Kraft tag with distress ink and then added grunge paste thro' the random circles mask, but, the whole thing got so wet that it slopped all over the place and it was obvious that it wasn't going to get any better - must say not impressed with those tags!!! so, it was back to the normal cream size 8 Ranger tags....... so taking my distress inked tag I added vintage photo to the edges, the main tag was then stamped with a text stamp....then using a dylusions stamp I stamped the leaves up the side and added colour using a dylusions ink spray....the Tando Creative flower, from the "flowers with stems grab bag, was painted using the fresco paints as was the Tando banner which was then stamped using a Tim Holtz stamp and then glossy accents added.....elements added to the tag using silicone gel....

If you fancy joining in the challenge pop on over to the challenge blog for more details.

TFL xx

8 comments:

chrissie said...

Very beautiful work on this Carol and a wonderful choice of colours.

Love Chrissie x

Cocofolies said...

Hi Carol, I love your tag with so many different but beautiful sources of inspiration... I have part of the same of course, and it's a wonderful idea to gather them together ! :) Love all your techniques and even your disastrous start haha, I have so many gaps like that !!! Hugs, Coco

Karen said...

This looks so beautiful Carol xxxxx

Traceyr said...

♥ the shading on this tag Carol. :)

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Carol that is a seriously beautiful tag!

Gio said...

This is very delicate and lovely, Carol!

Traceyr said...

Happy Birthday Carol hope you have a great day. x x

:)

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! That's gorgeous Carol.
Hope you've had a lovely day xx