Monday, December 15, 2014

Twas the night before Christmas….

using my Graphics 45 papers, "twas the night before Christmas…." I've made these two pieces for my last Papermaze DT piece of the year….

Pop on over to the blog to see them in full…

TFL xx

Saturday, December 13, 2014

sparkle with Tando

This week over on the Tando creative blog the theme has been "sparkle" and today its my turn to share my project…. I'm still in the card making mood so here is another card for Christmas…

I stamped a Tim Holtz stamp on the base and added colour with distress markers and then gave it a coating of stickles….tando minis are fantastic embellishments for cards and here I have used a tree from the brush strokes pack and a couple of holly pieces from the bells and holly set.  These have been painted with acrylic paint with doodled outlines and then a coating of stickles adding that sparkle….doodled edges around the card finishes it off.

All of the Tando elements used here are available in the retail shop.

TFL xx

Monday, December 1, 2014

Black and Gold

Today sees the start of another Black and…… week over on the Tando creative blog.  This year we have had one of these themes for the first week of every month and its been great playing along each month…so today sees the last of our Black and …..  weeks and what a better theme than….

Black and Gold

I have made this:-

I have taken a 5" square cardstock base and adhered a piece of black card (this has been recycled from the stencil packaging of Tando)….I doodled around the edges with a gold pen.  Taking two of the brush stoke trees, you get 3 different sized trees in the pack and here I have used the medium and smaller trees coating them with versamark and then heat embossing with gold sparkle … I then remembered why I don't do glitter! it went everywhere and everything that got in the way now has a sparkly sheen!! taking three of the small baubles….these are gorgeous and you get loads in the pack…and they are so diddy…fabulous…I used black/gold frantage on these and added them to my tree…a stamped and gold embossed sentiment which had treasure gold added to the edges and some gold bling finished it off…. another one done!! lol

Don't forget to pop on over to the Tando Creative blog to see some more Black and Gold makes.

TFL xx

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Birthday card inspired by Sue Carrington

I still have several birthday cards to make this year and spurred on by the fabulous pieces over on the Paperartsy blog this month I made this card, inspired by Sue Carringtons post here:-

I usually work on 6" square cards but picked up a pack of 5" x 7" by mistake, but, I must say that I am quite enjoying working on this size for a change!  The background paper was made using a technique detailed by Darcy, here,  I have prepped my paper to make the bow but haven't as yet! - I sort of followed Sue's design and added some metallic glaze to a couple of the stencilled pieces and the rounded edge, I heat embossed my flower and then coloured it in using distress markers…. A stamped "happy birthday" finished it off…

TFL xx

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Tando Creative

Its my turn to share another of my Tando creative Christmas projects… this time I have used the mini printer tray with cover…

This is the front of the printer tray….. before I started decorating any part of the tray I adhered the frame part together and then painted the cover and the frame with acrylic paint and then dry brushed with a darker colour…when dry I added treasure gold to the edges I then added the frame to the bottom section.

The cover was decorated with Graphics 45 Christmas papers…Santa with his reindeer were painted with black paint and a layer of glossy accents added…

this is the inner frame...

I added paper to each section and some had washi tape to add dimension….I have used large and mini elements together, so the large candle with the mini version, and the same with the snowmen and brush stroke trees  the mini baubles are just gorgeous, bells and holly have also been added… all have been painted then doodled, the stockings have been painted and the heel patches have had glossy accents added… my little robin red breast is watching over them all…. a piece of ribbon secures the cover in place ready to give….

All of the elements used are available from the Tando Retail Store..

TFL xx

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Anneke De Clerck inspired post

I'm still going with the Christmas projects, still a long way to go, but, with great inspiration over on the Paperartsy blog I'm making great roads into my crafting bits and bobs…

Inspired by Anneke De Clerck's tag post here…I made these:-

I used the crackle glaze technique detailed on the post on the base of my tags, I must admit I'm a bit hit and miss with the crackle glaze - but, using the cut and dry really worked for me and is something I will definitely do again….. each tag had Tando chipboard pieces as centre pieces as I don't possess any wooden elements and these worked fab for these tags….. I will add ribbon when I get some!! lol nothing I have is suitable…. lol

TFL xx

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Paperartsy - Wanda Hentges inspired canvas

there have been some lovely projects over on the Paperartsy blog this month this one by Wanda really caught my eye so I made this:-

I used an atc sized canvas and stencilled grunge paste thro' a tim holtz stencil - to be honest I could have left it all white as it looked really good - but that wasn't the challenge! Using the poinsettia die I die cut using red and a brown/green coloured bazzil cardstock which I covered with distress stickles in rock candy….I used two medium sized petals and the small one, this made the flower the right size for my project….some treasure gold and a metal charm finished it off…  Great inspiration Wanda thank you…