Sunday, June 5, 2011

Try it on a Tuesday - altered art "dream"

Its ages since I did a piece for a challenge blog! but, today whilst browsing thro' blogs and linking from one to another I came across "Try it on a Tuesday" who, this week are sponsored by "The Craft Barn" and the brief was "Altered art - themed "dream" - I have lots of favourite stamps - and this is one of them - I've had it for ages and you might well have seen it before:-

My tag was coloured using distress stains and then overstamped with text in brown ink - the D "dream" stamp was stamped using black versafine - I then spritzed the tag with perfect pearls in gold - now doing this on versafine isn't a good idea!!!! the colour ran a little but not too bad! the stamp was then hi-lighted using white pen.  The butterfly is made from art institute film with fibres inbetween the two sheets so that they melted...(can't remember the name of the film and have thrown away the packets!).  The little tag is one of my hero Tim Holtz with a "dream" saying.  The ribbon was coloured using the same distress stains as the background, and the maya road ribbon at the bottom was coloured using distress stains in wild honey and walnut stain.....

TFL xx

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tando Creative - bookplate

I just love the bookplates from Tando Creative.  They come in two different sizes and in previous projects I've used the smaller ones, but, this time I've used a large one to create this:-

The base of this book was from some Tando chipboard which was covered with paper, which in turn had tissue tape added before being painted with watered down acryllic paint.  A Tim Holtz harlequin stamp was then stamped with black ink.  I used the townscape die to cut the border out of patterned paper, this was then painted with watered down acryllic before blacking out the windows and doors.    The large Tando Bookplate was coloured using distress ink and then overstamped with a text stamp, this was then coated with Ranger Crackle Glaze and left over night to set - the cracks were then hi-lighted using distress ink.  Inner pages and covers were then bound together using the bind it all and ribbon coloured with distress stains and beaded pins were added to the spine.

Years ago I created a book to store all the addresses of my crafty friends so that I could send them birthday and christmas cards - that poor little book has now seen better days so this one is to replace it hence the title "friends love to craft".

TFL xx