Sunday, March 31, 2013

seems all

birthdays and then its quiet for a few months... we have had a couple of "0" birthdays too....

This month I've made these:-

A small canvas with texture paste thro' a stencil and free hand 40 - then covered with acryllic paint - the highlights were added with treasure gold - a tando butterfly coloured with distress inks and some little treasure gold flowers finished it off....


another "0" item - this is for a very stylish lady....various background papers stamped, stencilled and edged with neocolour 2's - the image is a stamp I've had an awful long time!! the flowers from Wild Orchid and a bit of prima bling finish it all off.


This one is another stamped image from a stamp I've had an awful long time, flowers and bling as before...

then a tag for a present:-

The base was coloured using dylusion ink sprays and then stamped with Tim Holtz sewing stamps...the manequin was cut out of grungepaper which had been coloured using distress stains - using the same stains I coloured vintage ribbon and tied this around the waist and to add to the tag base.  The bobbin was also cut from the mannequin die, this was painted using distress paint,  edged with distress inks and stamped using a Hero Arts "Happy Birthday" stamp.   I ensured that I had enough grungepaper coloured to cut out three images from the tattered florals die and this I made into the flower - pins and bling added....

TFL xx

Monday, March 18, 2013

Banners and Bunting blog hop

Today over on the Tando Creative blog we see the start of a week long product focus blog hop.  This time the focus is on banners and bunting...

If you've been joining us in the hop you will have arrived here from Irits great blog.  If you'd like to join us in the hop just pop on over to the Tando Creative blog and follow the links.  The prize up for grabs is a selection of banners and bunting.

Today I've created:-

My "Banner" is a large journalling block with a smaller one in the middle.  Each block has been coloured using the paint scraping method with treasure gold and doodling added. The flowers are from the mini set and have been painted with acryllic paint and then stamped before glaze being added, can you see the little bunny? he's from the new rabbit mini pack, isn't he lovely?  The middle is a penny black stamp.  The bunting has been treated in the same manner with small bling and a dragonfly charm added.

To finish off just leave a comment on the Tando Blog.  Good Luck in the draw.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ribbons and Lace

Over on the Tando Creative blog this week the theme has been Ribbons and Lace.

I've created this ATC:-

Tando's whiteboard ATC's are a great base, lovely and heavy and the whiteboard takes all sort of products, from distress inks, stains and paints to inks....for the base of this atc I've used distress inks and then stamped with various background stamps in sepia ink.  The flower is one of the new Jo Firth-young stamps by Paperartsy, I've stamped this onto tissue paper and then adhered it to the base.  I added colour with my neocolour II crayons once it was dry on the base.  The bottom "lace" is part of a border which was painted, stamped and then doodling added.  The ribbon has been coloured with distress stains and then crinkled, fed thro' a flower ribbon holder and then adhered down the sides.

TFL xx

Thursday, March 14, 2013

melt pot magic

a few Saturday's ago a group of us,  Tracey, Janet and Karen, went to Birds in the Barn in Marks Tey for a Melt Pot Magic workshop with Hels Sheridan.  I'm ashamed to say that the OH bought me a melt pot a fair few years ago and its been gathering dust, literally, unopened ever since, so this workshop really was a must for me!! and we created this:-

as well as gaining confidence with the melt pot - we also learnt how to do paint scraping which is a great technique! the stamps we used were the new stamps by Paperartsy and Jo Firth-Young and which ended up in my basket!! the little owl is a mould which was filled with coloured utee.... a great day with a great end project canvas.

TFL xx

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tattered floral die competition

After seeing Hels' demo of creating 3d flowers using flower stamps with 6 petals several years ago I have created these flowers using what ever has 6 petals.  the very small ones don't work so well and I often end up with fingers covered in glossy accents which tends to cause a few problems for a while!! So, after reading on facebook about the challenge on Tim Holtz' blog to show what you do with the tattered floral die - what an excuse to use the die to make some more of these little beauts and then to use them to decorate a present for Mothers day...

the flowers were cut out of kraft resist cardstock - which were then coloured using distress stains.  The flowers were then shaped and adhered using glossy accents.  The tiny flower was shaped and moulded to bring the petals all up together - it was just a bit toooo small to mould in the same way as the bigger blooms....

Pop on over to Tim Holtz's blog to see the other entries....

TFL xx