Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Book Covers

A few months ago Tando creative released a range of book covers designed by Neil Walker.  This week 6 of the DT are showing you their take on the different covers....I was sent the "Squared off" cover....

In the kit you get two front covers with cut out middles, two pieces of chipboard the same size as the front covers, a spine, 8 slide mounts and a large book plate...I decided that I could get more than one cover out of the kit so I made this cover to fit my art journal...


The bases were covered with painted book pages, the same paints used for the slide mounts.  On this cover I made roses  using the Alterations tattered floral die, some Wendy Veechi art parts, embossing paste, prima sunrise metal pieces and bling.

Then using the backing sheets, the spine, the other front cover and the remaining slide mounts I made this:-



The backing paper is by Graphics 45 "steampunk spells" with two balloons decoupaged over the top and onto the frame, additional butterflies and stars from grab bags were also added.

This week has been a great showcase of these book covers do pop on over to the main blog and take a look at the other pieces.

TFL xx

5 comments:

chrissie said...

This is amazing Carol-off to look at the others

Love Chrissie xx

Cocofolies said...

Wow tha's a great project and made Carol, both are different and really fab !!!! How I regret to not have chosen one such wonderful kit from Neil in my package LOL !...:) Have a good day, Coco xx

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! these are just incredible Carol! I wish now that I had been more adventurous hahaha!!!! Be proud...very proud sweetheart, HUGS xxxx

hotpotato said...

love it.

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Absolutley gorgeous Carol!