Friday, November 13, 2009

Pink Christmas trees.................

are the theme over at SCD this week...well, thats how I (the speed reader) read it, but, I think its a pink card with a Christmas tree!! but, its much the same, isn't it?? anyway, the theme has been set by the lovely and talented Gez....

Here's my effort for this week:-


its inspired by the fact that my Hubby, when asked for his opinion on a card I've recently created for an up and coming event, replied with "and what else can you throw at it?" I've never thought of my creations as being "overloaded". So, I've gone for the simplistic touch. I've used a technique outlined by a forum buddy, Kaz, on the BS challenge site....completed the task in pink ink, outlined the edges of my card with a black pen and stamped the sentiment in pink ink....finito!

Do pop on over to the SCD blog - you'll be totally blown away with all of the cards, but, Pia, who is our GD for this month has created something rather special - so go and have a look.

Have a good weekend bloggers....

TFL xx

12 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely clean and simple design Carol - looks fab!

Karen said...

WOW this is really striking isn't it? I love that you did it in pink!!! I think a lot of people are going to be making cards a la Kaz this year XXX

margaret said...

Very simple and elegant Card Carol. xx

CLARE said...

lol at Steves comment but what does he know. I never know when to stop adding things myself! Anyway I love the simplicity of your card - just goes to show that a lovely stamp can really be enough. Have a good weekend x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

It's a beautiful pink tree Carol!!!!!

Pia said...

wow carol what a beautiful card

Traceyr said...

Great card Carol.

And I like the fact that there is so much going on on your other cards and projects. Men? what do they know? hahahaha

:)

Gez Butterworth said...

It's gorgeous Carol.xx I've a little something on my blog for you...no worries if you haven't time to play. Have a great weekend. Gez.xx

Kaz said...

Ha ha I recognised the technique when I saw it!!
Love the stamp you've used and the way you've made it your own. Go on, admit it, have you made a few more quickie ones?!!

xxx

melody said...

love the simplicity of the card..it gives so much focus on such a scrumptious tree ~ beautiful!

Laura said...

Hi
I have left you a little something on my blog. Go take a look and have a good day.

humel said...

Lovely :-) I do like the border especially x