Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tims 12 Tags of 2012

So, I suppose everyone knows that I adore T!m Holtz - have done for years and I must say that he has greatly influenced my "grungy style" if I have any style that is!  So, when he does his 12 tags of Christmas I always feel left out - December isn't the best month to sit in my craft room and play and working full time whilst trying to get ready for Christmas doesn't help either!! (ok put the violins away!) so, when he announced the 12 tags of 2012 I couldn't have been the only one that thought "Yeah I can take part this time" - even so, last minute minnie here is scraping in my the skin of her teeth.

One of my pet hates is people that copy! and more so, people that don't have the decency to credit other crafters when they do use their ideas - so, this tag is pure Tim Holtz - I couldn't totally lift his February tag as I didn't have all the product, but, its as near as copy as I can with what I've got....

So, the differences are:- I don't have the embossing folder and stamp - so, its stamped with white acryllic paint but no embossing, the cupid is a very old sizzix die, the "I love you" are type letter stickers from the lost and found pack, the heart is another very old sizzix die which was painted with acryllic paint - the centre heart was made out of clay and then soaked in a pot of dylusions spray ink the top was then hi-lighted using inka gold....I think I managed to copy the rest...

Pop on over to Tims blog to see the proper article.

TFL xx

4 comments:

Kaz said...

Very pretty Carol. I've not seen the original but I like yours a lot xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fun tag, glad you get to join in with the spread out version of 12 Tags!

Traceyr said...

Glad you have found your mojo and love the colours on this tag.

I went over and had a look at the original and got waylaid by that honeycomb paper - how fab is that?



:)

Artyjen said...

I think the wwn has a lot to answer for....it stops a lot of creativity....it creates a lot of copying....which is which? Yours is your own and be happy with it!
xoxo Sioux