Monday, August 24, 2015

Tando Creative - banners

This week over on the Tando creative blog the theme is Banners…

I have made this Happy Birthday Canvas


I added some grungepaste thro' a stencil onto my bare canvas and once dry added various neutral tones of Paperartsy Fresco paints blending them together with cut and dry as I went…. once dry I sprayed with a couple of distress inks in blues and greens and then gave it a spritz with perfect pearls in heirloom gold - once all was dry I sanded it back and added some treasure gold.  The small straight edged banners were painted with the same paints (different colours lol), these were then stamped, edged with black pen and then given a coat of Paperartsy metallic glaze before dots of liquid pearls were added.  My owl was painted with the same paints, doodled and adhered together, he too had a coating of metallic glaze… the Happy Birthday is currently only available from the Tando stall at local craft fairs (keep your eyes peeled for one in your area - or check the front page of the retail shop - the next one nearest to us is in Thetford on 6th September) the words were painted and edged and spritzed and sanded… and then given a coating of gloss glaze….

There are some lovely pieces planned for this week so do pop on over to the blog and take a look - also, don't forget there is a permanent competition running - take a look at the blog to see how you can take part.

TFL xx

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is so pretty Carol!!!! I really like it and I hope it comes out on family birthdays in your house!!! Good plug for Thetford too xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous canvas Carol ♥