Saturday, January 17, 2015

Paperartsy - Fragile papers

Over on the Paperartsy blog the format has changed to fortnightly…I wonder if I'll be able to take part each time as monthly was a struggle!! lol - there is loads of inspiration over on the blog and if you've never visited do take time out to take a look.

So, for this fortnight the theme was "fragile papers" - I was really taken with this post by Kate Yetter, so armed with supplies I attached my book pages (my fragile papers) to my journal - horizontally rather than vertically to make it different, and as detailed, painted a watered down layer of fresco finish in snowflake - so at this stage I had a brain wave (not so clever as it panned out, but….) brushos are all the rage at the mo and I bought some sample pots several years ago which I had never used…so, I decided that whilst the paint was wet I would add some to add some bursts of colour - BIG mistake…. unless I can be persuaded otherwise they won't be used again! - the crystals don't stop running…the initial pattern was lovely, but, it keeps going…I managed to get some under my finger nails and it was running red for ages! so, needless to say instead of my background being whitish with red and orange spurts its ended up rather pink…


In all seriousness I did think it would stop!! but it didn't as I stencilled my grungepaste thro' my stencil instead of white it was pink carrying on I added some patterned paper and added another white layer and when this was really, really dry I splattered on some distress stain ink spray…added washi tape, stamping using an old text stamp, some journal/paint techniques learnt in Darcy's journal pages last year and stencilling using distress ink…. the lady image is an old product from Paperartsy, "collage sheet and transparency", the wildlife images on the facing page are from Graphics 45 and my blue flowers are from Tando.….

The English weather is strange isn't it…we started off with blue skies here in Suffolk, then it clouded over and we had some snow/sleet and now the sky is blue and the sun is out…still cold tho' - hope you're all keeping warm.

TFL xx




2 comments:

PaperArtsy said...

Sounds like 'attack of the brusho's' experience!!!

So when you need a pink background, you'll be all over it! LOL

Thanks for joining in!

Karen said...

Guess I won't be getting any Brusho's then haha!!! What a pain for you but your page looks so pretty Carol! Lovely work as always xxx