Friday, September 18, 2009

Metal Moos...

This week over at SCD its time for a bit of metal - metal moo's to be exact!! lolxx. Ang has chosen the theme and ever since last April's Ally Pally visit and seeing Linda Brown and Leandra, aka Mrs Paperartsy, she's been obsessed!! so, its no surprise that she chose metal for the theme....

Here's my metal moo:-

The base is a piece of white card cut to size. I then took three pieces of metal ensuring that they were big enough to overlap the edges. I then ran two of the pieces thro' the cuttlebug with different embossing folders. I then added alcohol inks to these pieces and then sanded off the colour on the raised pieces. The middle section was written after seeing a tutorial on Tacho tuesday - if you've never watch this you should not only will you learn something but have a good giggle at the same time. This middle section was then spritzed with glimmer mists. The pieces were then adhered to the moo and folded over with a spare moo on the back as that folded metal can be rather sharp!!

We have also announced our new DT members. I'm pleased to say that Laura and Tammara have both agreed to join our small band I'm hoping that they'll enjoy the challenges already set and come up with some great ones too!!

We took Sian off to Cheltenham on Sunday. The run up to the departure was fine. Five minutes from home it hit me what we were doing, so a few tears !! then when we got there it was all systems go to get the luggage up three flights of metal circular stairs!! and get her food shop in and get her sorted before we left at 4.30pm.....only ok for about 3 mins this time before the floodgates opened again!! Sian is a level headed and sensible girl and I know that she's going to do really well at Uni - I'm so proud of her for all her achievements and the way that she goes about things - MY GIRL xx

TFL xx

9 comments:

Karen said...

This is lovely Carol, techniques I have yet to try. X

Pia said...

wow beautiful card Carol. Have a nice week.
hugs Piaxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous Carol. I'm gritting my teeth tho at the thought of filing metal!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous moo Carol, love the embossed metal.
I am sure your daughter will be fine, although I can completely sympathise with you. I am dreading it when Abi goes to Uni in a couple of years time - she is already planning it!...x

Laura said...

Great moo. Works really well. Very inspiring.

Dawn said...

Hiya

Wow your Moo was stunning - love the middle bit - gorgeous!

Aww you will miss Sian and no wonder you are pround mum, hope she loves Uni anyway..

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Kathy said...

ohhhhhh what a brilliant piece of work - I love how you've used the embossing folders and achieved the metal look - its fab

Traceyr said...

The metal moo is wonderful Carol.

CLARE said...

Thought i had already commented on this - i must be going crazy. Fabulous detail on such a small piece well done. Also i dont think I mentioned I love your blog header.