Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday again?

grief where are the weeks and months going? mind you, can't believe that Sian will be home on Sunday yippeee can't wait to get her from the train station - it will be fab to see her again - I know I see her on aim and talk to her just about every day, but, i do so miss her. I've closed my company down and will be working full time, employed (was that a good move after the changes to NI and tax yesterday?? - its done now tho') as from January and so now I have a couple of free days a week for a couple of weeks - so on Monday we are spending a girlie day together and boy am I looking forward to that! mind you knowing Sian we'll bump into everyone she knows and it will take us all day to get around town!! but, thats the fun of it isn't it?

So, as its friday suppose I'd better show you my SCD piece???

We're still on tags month...and the theme this week, set by the lovely and talented Laura, is Party Girls.....this is the first theme that Laura has set so I'm hoping that lots of lovely Party Girl tags are created...

Here it is:-

(Sue no mouth of tea please!) the base is white card stock!! lolxx, I cut a load of tags with the sole intention of joining my hero Sir T!m on his 12 day journey, but, with good intentions went lack of time....sadly - but, the techniques are a la T!m.....three colours of distress ink were swoshed onto the mat and spritzed with water the tag was then swooshed around on the mat until evenly covered - I used a smaller piece of card swooshed (don't you just love that word?) around in the residue so that it wasn't wasted!! The bubbles were stamped with distress ink and then the darker bubbles were stamped using black versafine. All hi-lighted with a white pen. Using the smaller piece of cardstock I stamped T!m stamps with distress ink and then mounted a stamped and water coloured lady christmas image on top - stickles and a bit of glossy accents finished it off!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend.

TFL xx

9 comments:

Laura said...

Great Party Girl just ready for the Christmas bash!

Gez Butterworth said...

Great tag Carol. Lovely colours. Hope your cold is improving. Hugs Gez.xx

Pia said...

wow what a great party girls, lovely colours

Karen said...

ooo I love your tag as always Carol!!!

Have a wonderful wonderful time with your daughter. I love having girlie days with mine, HUGS XXX

Hazel said...

Lovely party girl x

Traceyr said...

Great tag Carol. I don't suppose you will read this comment for a couple of days with Sian being home. I am so excited for you. Have a great time together. :)

Angelnorth said...

This looks fab! Love the bubble background and your girl does look ready to party, great job!

Artyjen said...

That is a fabby bit of swooshing! Out with my girlie friends tomorrow so hope I'm not too swooshed myself! LOL
xoxo
Thanks for the inspiration.
xoxo

melody said...

love how the swooshing turned out..yummy! beautiful tag chickie ~ and lovin the little details!