Saturday, December 5, 2009

ATC's....

I've been making ATC's for years and never bore of them. I read in a magazine this month, can't remember which one or who was the author, that its surprising that ATC's are still in vogue after such a long stay in this crafting world of ours when things come and go so quickly... and I must say I totally agree - swaps are still rife in forums, mags and on line....long may they continue too.

Anyway, over at "The artists Trading Club" monthly themes are set, with fab guest designers, and I was invited to join a couple of months ago...the ATC's I've received are GORGEOUS! and so I'm now an avid par-taker in this swap!!

So, Novembers theme was keys:-

Here are my ATC's:-


All of the backgrounds were created using distress inks and then stamped with various Paperartsy stamps. The ones with purple clock faces - have had the wings hi-lighted with glossy acents, and then the image was stamped out onto acetate, and alcohol inks and blending solution dropped onto the back - when dry this was then cut out and adhered to the top of the stamped images.
The door locks are a paperartsy stamp which was stamped with stazon onto metal, embossed, filled, filed, stuck and sprayed with glimmer mist and then added with a metal key.
The edges of all were inked and then daubed with a gold dauber....

TFL xx

7 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

Hi Carol,

just wanted to say that these fab fab ATC's arrived today and my giddy aunt they are fantastico (watching too much Gino)
Who ever receives on of these in the swap will be so lucky and thrilled to add to their collection.

I see the 3 ATC's further down and I so love them too esp the middle one.
thanks for taking part in the swaps the quality and originality of our swappers in wonderful.
And I never tire of them either.
thanks Chriss x

Artyjen said...

I'd be thrilled if I got one of these in the swap!
Thanks for your kind well wishes....needless to say I am in
7th heaven. LOL
xoxo

Gez Butterworth said...

Great Atc's Carol. Love your locks they've turned out really well.xx

melody said...

lovin your ATCs chickie ~ those are rawkin kewl..as are those keys! what a great theme!

Angelnorth said...

These look great Carol, love the texture from the embossed pieces and the keys! (It was Sue Roddis in Craft Stamper, BTW)

Karen said...

I LOVE these Carol!!! I take part in that swap so I hope I get one of yours back! XXX

Traceyr said...

Gorgeous ATCs Carol. I think their appeal is that they are small and you can decorate them however you want.

Yours are stunning. How do you store yours?

:)