Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mini canvas...

At the start of December I challenged a few of my friends to alter a mini domino, we picked names out of the hat to see who we were swapping with and the date of swap was agreed as the Papermaze crop ..... it was great to see what everyone came up with, every domino was so different I should try and get a piccie of them all together (girls bring them along next crop!!).

At our Christmas meal, Karen set the next challenge and gave us all a mini canvas to alter. We were at the Papermaze crop yesterday and did our show and tell.

My canvas was prepped at the beginning of the month, but, I had forgotten all about it til Thursday night...then one disaster after another struck!! lolxx, but, in the end I was pleased with the results...


The colours aren't that clear on this piccie - the daylight is either ultra bright or very dark and the camera kept coming up with funny sayings!! roflxx you know what I'm like for my serious lack of photography skills, obviously my talented Sian has inherited this talent from her father!! the background, in the end, was cranberry dauber, with stream and misty over the top, a stamp was then stamped with stazon, but, the stazon was really weak, so I then decided to stamp onto patterned paperstock and then use Tim Holtz fragments over and then add these to the canvas, a couple of metal bits finished it off (oh and a swish of gold dauber around the edge!! can't forget that! lolxx)

Thanks for looking xx

5 comments:

Dawn said...

It,s stunning Carol - I have a mini canvas and not sure where to start with it really.....
Will have to investigate further me thinks!

Hugs
Dawn
x

Gez Butterworth said...

Carol it's absolutely gorgeous. Well done. xx

Anne-Marie said...

What a lovely canvas

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's complex. Lots to look at.

xxxxxxxx

anne said...

This is Lovely Carol!!!!!