Thursday, September 5, 2019

September Colour post


Hello, and welcome to my very neglected blog - thank you for visiting today.

This week is the monthly colour theme week over on the Tando Blog and today is my turn to show my ATC's for September.

I decided to create a card and coin for this month.  Both basically the same techniques and colours.

Firstly, this month's colour scheme:-


Now for my artists trading card:-



I used paperartsy fresco paints for my cards this month.  I painted the bases and, in my head, I envisaged a sort of crackled/weathered look for my base, but, it doesn't matter which product I use, how I use it, nothing cracks! the only way I get a crackled effect is to stamp it, but, that didn't look right! so after another failure I decided to use a baby wipe and rub most of the paint back leaving a little behind! not quite what I envisaged, but, not too bad.

If you saw the recent Hochanda shows with Di sharing the new tagged elements, you will have seen these cute birds on one of the tags - there are several different designs and all great sizes, see here.  I adore these birds, so much freedom to create just what you want with no restrictions and everyone different!

So, you've seen the card, now for the coin:-



Do pop on over to the Tando blog and see what my teamies have been up to…

TFL xx

No comments: