Monday, February 6, 2017

Paperartsy week 2

I am such a bad blogger and have neglected my little blog, but, mr mojo took a hike and its very slowly coming back, so I've decided to give it a helping hand by entering some challenges online… the first one is Paperartsy's week 2 - which is to use masks.  Well, I'm the queen of masks, I use them all the time and make them from post its…

So, as I'd just made this birthday card for my Aunt I decided to add it to the challenge…


The base is a white 6" x 6" card base which I used post its to mask off the edges…. I then stamped Kay Carleys flower from EKC01… masking off one flower head, I stamped again…both heads were then masked and two tones of pink distress ink added, using the darker to add stencilling - text and sequins…. I then removed all the masks.  Initially, I intended to colour in the flower heads but I liked the stark contrast of the white heads against the pink, so added some stickles and some gold ranger pearls and a stamped Happy Birthday finished it off.

TFL xx

16 comments:

geezercrafter said...

Glad your mojo is slowly returning!! I like the way you have left the flowers white, it is very effective. Good Luck with the challenge.

Hazel Agnew said...

What a satisfying composition Carol. Good decision with white flowers. Lucky aunt! X

Unknown said...

I agree the white flowers are lovely against the background. Very pretty card.

Julie Lee said...

This is so pretty - a delightful card. I have tended to neglect blogging too! I'm so glad you decided to blog this, as it's so effective. I use 'Post-its' for masking sometimes too.

Karen said...

I love this Carol..its so pretty xxx

Anneke said...

You made a beautiful card! The flowers look very pretty against the stencilled background.
Love that touch of glitter too!

Sue said...

This is so pretty Carol, lovely colours and the hint of bling is perfect! xx

craftimamma said...

Lovely card Carol! Your Aunt is going to love it I'm sure.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful card!!!!!!

hotpotato said...

Very pretty card Carol. x

Corrie Herriman said...

Great masking and a fabulous card !
Corrie x

Catie Cuddles said...

Wow. You were quick off the mark. Beautiful card.
Catherine xxx

Trish said...

Beautiful card x

Unknown said...

Lovely card! x

Craftyfield said...

The card looks lovely, feminine and pretty... Surely your mojo has returned!

Etsuko said...

What a beautiful card Carol!! Lovely colours and shimmer. xx