is this fortnights (although its been three weeks this time) theme over on the Paperartsy blog. Watching the initial video by Leandra reminded me of the times I attended the Artsycrafts weekends and I decided to dig out some old product and tools and re-visit those techniques I learnt many eons ago…
So, with that in mind I made this:-
I started off by stamping my red metal, which was a pack of mixed colours from Paperartsy. Once stamped I used my metal tools to add shape, popping out the heart and edges, once I was happy with the effect I then filled the cavities with glossy accents….. I adhered cardstock to my metal and cut using the grunge flower metal die..once cut I stamped with the corresponding flower, then for the hard bit making the flower…although I still make these flowers out of cardstock its been quite a while since I made them out of metal! immmmmmm….lol the matching leaf was distressed with my tools and then a layer of treasure gold rubbed into the markings…these were then all put to one side. My chipboard base which is an outer piece from a larger Tando creative board had a small amount of ferro added, a small amount as that was all I could salvage out of the many pots I had that have all now been demoted to the bin!!!! anyway, in line with our class this was stamped and then mica powders added….the edges were given the treasure gold treatment…..I then added my prepped pieces and a very large button to the top!
So far I've kept up with the PA's challenges….lets see how long it lasts!! lol