Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Black and Green

Over on the Tando Creative blog this week the theme is Black and Green…

Today its my turn to share my piece:-


I started with 4 x straight edged twinches and stuck them together with some re-positionable tape to make 1 4x4inch square.  I then took a selection of green paints from Paperartsy (can't remember which ones) and coloured the base.  I then took the three part tree mask and using the tree stencil I added black soot distress ink around the outside…then using the circle part I added green paint ….whilst wet I added a paler green to the circles to add light spots.  I wasn't happy with the colours of my tree so painted with green paint, in two shades, and once dry I outlined the tree and circles with a black pen.  The stamped flowers and phrase at the bottom are Darcy's stamps from paperartsy.  The edges were then inked with black distress ink and then olive bronze treasure gold added.  I then removed the tape and added onto a piece of black card stock.

Don't forget to pop on over to the Tando Creative blog this week for more black and green projects.

TFL xx

3 comments:

chrissie said...

Really lovely Carol and a great idea

Love Chrissie x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Beautiful work Carol

Karen said...

This is really pretty Carol! I really like it sweetie xxx