Monday, March 24, 2014

Frame it...

Today sees the start of a new themed week over on the Tando blog - this week we are concentrating on the wide range of frames that Tando creative produce….

I'm kicking off the week with this "love frame with stand"


This piece is still a WIP (work in progress) as my niece gets married later in the year and I want to create a montage of photos from the day for her.

The frame comes in three pieces - a back plate, a solid "cut out piece" and a cut out piece….I started off by painting the base in black, for the solid piece I painted the edges black and the heart shapes red - I also stencilled the hearts using a deeper red paint and a heart stencil ….the top piece was painted black……red treasure gold was rubbed over the edges and used to hi-light the word "love" - the top two layers have been glued together ready to be finished off later in the year.   The stand was also painted black with red treasure gold hi-lights.

Pop on over to the Tando creative blog this week to see more "frame it" pieces.

TFL xx


1 comment:

Karen said...

This will look really lovely with the photo's in it Carol! Great job my lovely xxx