the basis was to create tinted grunge paste using the fresco's paint range… that was the easy part! then to add the paints, in a patchwork theme, onto canvas - I learnt here that I tend to err on the "less is more" theory and for this that doesn't work!! lol I also realised that perhaps I should have thought about things more than just go with it…. you put a wash over the top - lesson learnt "don't rub with the baby wipe just dab!!" lol - the result is ok…think I will try the techniques again tho - but this time using more mixture and smaller blocks. I did add a few extras!! the blocks were outlined using a stilo pencil and I edged the canvas board with paint and added a bit of treasure gold…. The frame is a part of a Tando kit and the metal embellishments and key are from my stash.
Pop on over to the Paperartsy blog and take a look at the videos by Leandra, each one so different and all so full of inspiration.