Tuesday, October 29, 2013

same but different week

Occassionally over on the Tando Creative blog we do a "same but different" week - this is where the dt all have the same product and we show what we do with it.... as we're all so different in our styles its fun to see what we all come up with...

This time we each have:-


a pair of 3d coffins...

I already knew what I wanted to do, so before I made up the coffins I coloured, masked and painted the bases and lids.....

this is my finished piece:-


a set of Trick or Treat Coffins....


my treat coffin...the base was painted using PA fresco paint...then I stencilled over the top using the cobweb 2 mask....a spider from the grab pack and a skull were painted, hi-lighted and added to the box...

whats inside???


skeleton chocolates.....lol

now for the trick...


the base was painted and then I scraped black paint with an old store card.... tim holtz halloween tape was wrapped around the lid...trick was some wooden letters that were painted and then glossy accents added...skull as per the treat box... so whats inside this one????


ewww....lol

don't forget to pop over to the blog to see what the other dt members come up with... 

TFL xx

3 comments:

hotpotato said...

I love them Carol, especially the one with the choccies in.

Traceyr said...

Carol your boxes are superb. And btw those chocs are yummy. :)

Cocofolies said...

I love both coffins my dear Carol, gorgeous, and that's great fun in addition with what you put inside Rofl (tee hee... :O))!!! Hugs Coco xx