Monday, November 5, 2012

Swaps/Challenges

Janet, Nancy, Karen, Tracey, Janina and I challenge each other at the monthly crop to create something that little bit different out of given items.  Over the past 18 months/ 2 years, we've decorated jigsaw puzzles, books, boxes, picture frames and the like then some more unusual items like a mousetrap and a light bulb is the next on the agenda!!

Due to "incidents" I'm a bit behind with my projects...but, have had a mammouth binge and caught up...leaving only the lightbulb to do...

so, we had a papermache hanger from janina which I created this:-

I painted the frame red to start off with and then heat embossed it...but, it sat on the side for ages with no inspiration...so, I painted it black, rubbed inka gold (one non mouldy jar!) on the edges and then added two acryllic painted Tando Creative  butterflies...the lady in the centre is a lost coast stamp which I just adore....she was coloured in using water colour pencils and then I doodled on her face!! lolxx

Then the next project I was behind on was...

a white box given to us all by Karen....


I lined the box with paper which I had stamped with a pen nib stamp on each side, the saying is a Stampers Anonymous stamp...the butterflies are cut from Graphic 45 paper and hi-lighted with rock candy glitter...the flowers also had a little bit of glitter too....the lid and base were painted with metallic distress stain as were the Tando Creative bird and branch and the mini stars...The sides and top also had paint over a mask and doodled on the lid to add a bit of "bling" lolxx

Lastly, this was a keyring given to us by janet...

I know I showed this in the Tando Minis bloghop - but, its now gone to its new home...and I hope that Tracey likes it....base changed from military green to purple using alcohol inks, Tando creative minis painted with acryllic paint and then doodled.  Studio 490 butterfly stamped onto clearly for art using paint and then pearl trim added.....

TFL xx


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Ooh Carol, lots of arty/crafty goodness today, what a fab post.
I love all your projects my lovely, beautifully crafted with lots of attention to detail. The purple on the keyring is stunning!
Huge hugs x

Lynn said...

Lovey to see some of these IRL on Saturday Carol, lovely work. I really love your style and especially impressed with your journal.

Lynn x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

wow so many lovely pieces Carol, all so different, love love the keyring xxx

love sue and the taylor pack

Karen said...

What a lovely group to belong to! I love that you take it in turns to pass out something to alter...so much fun!!!! These are all beautiful Carol xxx

Tracey-B said...

Great challenge pieces Carol! x

networkace said...

nice blog