Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday 3rd September 2010

Another month gone - another week gone - and the end of my holiday! reflecting back on the two weeks what have I done? Josh had to have another "proceedure" last week which took up 3 days, Dad's birthday, we've been out a few days...all in all not a bad holiday could just do with another week if I'm honest as I'm not ready to go back yet!

Josh has gone back to school today! he is so used to being the youngest in the year with his birthday being in June, but, today he'll be the oldest - he's very fortunate to have been given a second chance at this year and I'm really hoping he'll make the most of it!

This week over at SCD its a new challenge and of course a new theme!

The challenge for September is to make Arches - these can be any size and shape that you like, but, obviously, fitting in with our theme of the week....This week's theme, Lace, has been chosen by Dawn, and its her first and first write up as DT so I hope she'll get plenty of takers this week...

So, here is my Lace Arch

The white card base was stamped using a lace stamp with versamark ink - I then dusted chalks over the image - the versamark acts as resist. The centre piece was a piece of stampbord which had been coloured with DI's and the lace stamp, this time with black ink, stamped over and hi-lighted by scratching. Prima flowers spritzed with glimmer mist, lace and pearls, and a bit of beaded trim were added before inking the outer edges.

Don't forget last months torso's swap - I have received some lovely sets and there is still time to send your's along for swapping. Email me for my addy and join in the swap!

Don't forget to pop on over to the SCD blog and see the other Lace Arches - and it would be great to see your pieces too.

Have a great weekend

TFL xx

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am sure Josh will be fine and I glad he is recovered. (not that I know much about it) But sounds like your coping well.

Great arch Carol love the lacey background with the chalks too a love example

Love Dawn xx

Nat said...

lovely work as always Carol. Thinking of Josh and wishing him all the best for the academic year :) xxx

Karen said...

ooo you have made a beautiful arch Carol!!! I love the dangly bits XXX

Angelnorth said...

Lovely arch Carol, the bead trim looks great with the lace stamp!

cookcreateread said...

That is lovely Carol! The lace and beads look so pretty!

Zuzu's Blog said...

Hey... thanks for the blog visit lol
Im doing OK.. the steampunk thing is a phase that will pass when i find something else to try .. hope your doing ok too :)

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Beautiful arch Carol, love the stampboard and bead trim.

Hope Josh is okay xxxx

Artyjen said...

I hope Josh enjoys the year...I know I for one sometimes wish I was back at school!
Love the added central motif and those beads on the trim are a gorgeous addition
xoxo Sioux

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful arch, love the Versamark/Chalk background and the beads at the bottom.

margaret said...

Hi Carol. not been here for long while. but am back.
Your arch is so beautiful I love the theme.xx