Friday, May 21, 2010

week 3 in our Birthday month

over at SCD - where on earth is this year going? although I will be glad to see the end of this week - its been one dramatic incident after another! believe me!!

So, onto week 3 of the Birthday Month over at SCD...and its the lovely Dawn's turn to choose the theme, and she's chosen:-

Paris

Dawn has been awol recently due to having moved house - but, she's back this week!

So, here's my piece:_

The base is another piece of Tando white board - this board is really hardy! believe me! I coated the piece with terra and then heated it till it bubbled, then when cool I painted it and then added perfect pearls spritzing it with water. The little Eiffel Tower, and the wording "Tower Eiffel" are from a stamp by Invoke, the lettering was stamped using little 99p stamps! all the stamped images were coated with glossy accents and edged using inka gold! The little flower and butterfly are charms which were lightly covered with the inka gold. All the edging around the twinchie was done using inka gold (can you see a pattern appearing here?? lolxx).
Right, I'll let you into a secret - I did intend to have an "appearance" each week of the previous weeks theme, so last week you saw a flower, but, it also had a butterfly, and this week, as well as the current theme I've also got a flower and butterfly - I created next weeks twinchie last night and I can't do all four!! so, thats it, game over!! roflxx

This week we have the very talented Artyjen with us, as you know, or may not know, she's the current "Craft Stamper of the year Stamper" so we're very priviledged to have her join us, she has also, very generously donated this weeks prize too...so Thank you Sioux xx

Don't forget it's my class day over at papermaze on Saturday - for those of you that are coming please don't wear anything nice this week, its very messy!! roflxx also, please bring your craft mats and blending tools if you have them...along with normal crop tools! see you then xx

TFL xx

18 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Great twinchie Carol, love all the little gilded accents!

Zoechaos said...

WOW thrilling piece love all the texture you created and the matallic feel. love this to bits!

Karen said...

Oh this is amazing Carol! XXX

Artyjen said...

I lurve that background...must have a try with that stuff soon :)
I've been bursting to share my twinchie...hope you have a bumper week...Paris is an inspiration as is SCD! Thanks.
xoxo Sioux

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Carol that's gorgeous I love all the textures and colours.

have to put my thinking cap on!

Janice said...

ooh fab work Carol. I must do this one I have a paris stamp!

Toni said...

WOWZER.... love love all the textures on this. What a fun piece. Isn't it amazing how much you can actually do on a twinchie...lol...:)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic twinchie, love the background and the shape.

tracy said...

very nice carol :)

Kathy said...

Fab work Carol, love the glam and glitzy feel to this - tres chic!

Kaz said...

That's gorgeous Carol xx

Kaz said...

That's gorgeous Carol xx

Pia said...

wow what a beautiful paris card, lovely details.
hugs Piaxx

June said...

Carol thanks for your lovely comment. I love this piece. its very unusual and inspiring
hugs June xxxx

Hazel said...

Beautiful piece of art - I love the background on the Tando x

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous twinchie, Carol!

Traceyr said...

Wonderful piece Carol - are you going to display all the pieces together?

:)

Unknown said...

I was gutted I missed this the week just flew buy didn't it. I am not a follower because you don't have a follow thingy lol so I have to rely on yr continued visits so I can some back lol

Love as always great fabby work see you again very soon ;0)

love Dawn xx