Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Polka Doodle...

Another new challenge blog on the block!! and my friend, Kath, is going to be one of their DT'ers....so, I thought I'd give it a go...also, June is laden with Birthdays and Weddings so I thought I'd take advantage of these challenges to get my cards made....

For their first week they've set a sketch challenge - here's the sketch...
and here's my take on it:-


I'm not that good at following sketches...but, i don't think its too far out...lolxx the background is co-ordinations cardstock run thro' the cuttlebug with an embossing folder and then sanded, the two circles were cut on the cricut, again out of co-ordinations cardstock - the inner circle went thro' the cuttlebug and was embossed and then sanded....the patterned paper is 7 gypsies, the flowers have some old flowers in the middle with wire stems which I wrapped around a pencil and then pulled out to make tendrills....I stamped the image on Saturday from Angs' GIGANTIC collection of stamps!!! roflxx - that image is lovely isn't it...might just have to go on my wish list that one!!

TFL xx

9 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Well, you can't beat a bit of Audrey Hepburn, can you? Great card Carol, I love all the texture with the embossing and the wire tendrils and the rumpled back corner!

Janice said...

I think you have done a great job with the sketch, love the coredinations in the cuttlebug.

Net said...

Great card carol. I love that image.

Kaz said...

YOu've done the sketch justice Carol. Loving the stylish theme of it.

CLARE said...

Hi carol - that embossed card has come out really well. Fab Audrey stamp too

Clare x

Gez Butterworth said...

Woo hoo! Fabulous card Carol. You most certainly have done the sketch justice. Love all the purples. What a fab stamp. Hope one comes your way soon. Gez.xx

Anonymous said...

Ang's large collection of stamps !!
POT KETTLE BLACK me thinks ...
Great card matey

Carol Plume said...

rofl Ang xx

Nat said...

You've been a busy girlie as always Carol!!

Love the Audrey stamp -gorgeous!

Will check out that blog - really like the sketch, think it's a great one for cards, will have to give it a go this week as I have a ton of cards I need to make!!

Nat xxxx