Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday...

....so, after a lovely week, weather wise, and a gorgeous Saturday - where's the sun gone? my one day this week of catching up with housework and washing and its dull and miserable!! perhaps it will brighten up later.....

We had a FAB day yesterday. Ang, Janina, Angela, Janet, Liz, Karen and I all clambered into Ang's "bus" and off to Ally Pally we went... we all had a great day, got loads of ideas and all came away loaded with goodies and inspiration.

I also met up with my friend Claire, aka glitterface, and we had lunch, a chinwag and a show and tell session - it was really lovely to see her again....also, its her Birthday this month, and since I gave her her card and pressie and she's opened them I can show you here...

The background papers are from Basic Grey's "Ambrosia" pack, and were distressed before adhering to the inked card base, the ribbon is paper ribbon from k&co, image, obviously Daisy!!, which I stamped into a book and then ripped out - no fancy punches here!! lolxx, primas - one with a flower embellie, the other two have got shrink plastic flowers as centres which were coloured using alcohol inks and then stamped with a text stamp....little pearls, pins a rub on all finished the pieces off.....

I hope that everyone that went to Ally Pally yesterday (and boy were there some people!!) and those that go today have as much fun and laughter as we all did yesterday...Thanks for a great day girlies...xx

xx

13 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Carol!!!! I love those papers! I didn't realise it was Ally Pally this weekend - you lucky gal - did you spend loads?? LOL!! Hugs xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Hope the weather picks up later for you hun. Its gorgeous here!! Sounds like you all had a fab time yesterday, sounds as tho it was busy too! Enjoy your goodies can't wait to see your new creations. :)
Love the card you've made for Clare its perfect. Gez. xx

Pia said...

So beautiful card, lovely colours you have used

Joey said...

Hiya Carol, gorgeous card, I love the colour combo and daisy is just gorgeous!. Joey.x

CLARE said...

Thanks again Carol, I just love the card and little box filled with primas - not forgetting the tag either. Great to see you again - how did you get on in the afternoon? I got a few copic pens after watching a demo (managed to actually see what was going on for once!) x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Fab card Carol !!!!

Missed you all at crop but sounds like you had a good time. See you soon.

Aue x

PS Hugs to Ty

Nat said...

Sounds like you had fun :D

Lovely card - the colours in the ambrosia papers are fab aren't they?!

Will email you soon
xxxx

Hazel said...

Super card. I love those BG papers. x

Kaz said...

Ooo I like that card Carol.

I think you need to show and tell us what you bought, not that I'm nosey lol.

Kaz xx

Beth said...

Glad you had a lovely time at Ally Pally. Wish I could have been there. Lovely card you've made too Carol. XX

Angelnorth said...

Lovely Carol! The flourish at top left makes a fab finishing touch! Glad you enjoyed Ally Pally - I heard it was much quieter (and cooler!) on Sunday!

Janice said...

Lovely work Carol

Karen said...

awe...this is such a lovely card Carol XXX