Friday, October 24, 2008

"Make your own....."

...is the challenge for the final leg of the Sassy Crafts design team selection - the brief is to Make your own ...... make anything you like on any theme with any colour scheme but all the embellishments must be your own work......

So,

Here's my offering:-
I cut the base shape out of white textured card, this was then painted with a Stream dauber and hi-lights added with the citrus dauber, the edges where stippled in gold. The gold edges down the middle are a cuttlebug embossing folder - which was then hi-lighted with the gold dauber, spots of crystal stickles finish off the centres. The ladies face is a stamp which has been watercoloured, I then doodled on her face...all highlighted with white pen. I made the beaded pins from coloured beads and a stick pin, the butterflies have been made using fantasy film, the trails are turquoise stickles. For the flowers I took a book page and coloured it using chalk inks, daubers and glimmer mists, to give it a bit of stability I stuck it down onto white paper, I then traced around a flower in two different sizes and cut them out, these were then teased and folded into shape the centres are bronze and crystal stickles.

Fingers crossed now.....I'll keep you posted.

TFL xx

9 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous colours I love your butterflies and the image. Kimx

Nat said...

Love those colours!!
I really love the J&K atc's too! xxx
PS - did you get my email bout November?! xx

Anne said...

Gasp Gasp!!!!! Coor!! This is absolutely incredible Carol!! What a lot of work you've put into this, and it shows! It's just fantastic!!

Keeping everything crossed for you - you'd be a great asset to the DT and very worthy of a place. Good luck! xx

CLARE said...

Love this Carol its so unusual. Gorgeous colours and I really like the flowers and the beads. You've really put a lot of detail into it - very best of luck with the DT - hope you get a place.
xx

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Carol this is just WOW !!!!! you really must give us all a class/demo at crop.

Dawn said...

Wow Carol what a gorgeous creation - the central image is brilliant!

Dawn
x

Emma said...

Wow Carol, such striking colours and design. I love the doodles (i can never get that bit right). Great work. x

Kathy said...

This looks great, Carol

Joey said...

Hi Carol, I just love this.x